Shridhar Sharma Centre for Investigational Medicine
Department of Pathology and Biochemistry is a well equipped laboratory. The Department of Pathology and Biochemistry was officially renamed as Sridhar Sharma Centre for Investigation Medicine. The Centre is equipped to perform tests of clinical pathology, microbiology, bacteriology, biochemistry, serology and immunology. The Centre performs these tests for both clinical as well as research purposes.The Centre for Investigation Medicine has the following equipment and machines:
- Automated Hematology Analyzer (with 3 and 5 parts differential cell counter).
- Automated Hematology Analyzer–has 5 parts differential cell counter along with a reticulocyte counter
- Fully automated biochemistry analyzer– this is a biochemistry analyzer which can also perform therapeutic drug monitoring of various drugs such as carbamazepine, valproic acid, phenytoin etc. It can perform biochemistry analyses of 400 samples in an hour.
- Fully automated biochemistry analyzer– acquired recently, capable of performing 680 biochemistry analyses in an hour.
- Biochemistry analyzer
- Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) readers and washers– used for conducting ELISA tests and hormone assays such as thyroid profile etc. The ELISA reader and washers are used for clinical as well as research purposes.
- BD BACTECTM 9050 Blood Culture System
- Electrolyte Analyzer– uses ion selective electrode technology. Used for detecting the levels of electrolytes – sodium, potassium, calcium, lithium in the blood.
- Urine chemistry analyzer
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) Analyzer
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) System
- High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography (HPTLC) System HPLC and HPTLC are primarily used for research purposes in the Institute.